The following is a list of the most recent books i’ve been reading
- Triumph of the city. A fascinating look at the role cities play in human development and creativity
- Built, Roma Agrawal, explores the engineering behind buildings in an engaging accessible way.
- Underland by Robert Macfarlane. A fascinating exploration of the world beneath our feet that we often rarely think about.
- The Tyranny of Merit by Michael Sandel – a thought provoking consideration of the limits and problems with meritocracy.
- The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman – a entertaining a light murder mystery set around a retirement village
- Why we sleep, Matthew Walker, great little animation from RSA animate give s a good overview of the book.
- Mastermind by Maria Konnikova – a fun book about to think like Sherlock Holmes
- How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain Lisa Feldman Barrett
- The shepherds Hut, Tim Winton
- Quicksand, Malin Persson Giolito
And my Favourite Podcasts:
Freakonomics hosted by Steven Dubner – inspired by behavioural economics
Ologies with Alie Ward – a fun science podcast about agnotology, cervidology, urban rodentology and so many more
And my favourite educational video collection: